Last updated & effective: May 9, 2022
Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect information that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you interact and provide such information on our Sites such as, but not limited to, registering for an DELFINA event or program, participation in a DELFINA sweepstakes or contest, purchasing DELFINA products or services. The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected on our Sites will vary based on the Services offered on the Sites, but may include, among other things, your name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, e-mail address, credit card or other financial account information.
- Non-Personal Data: As you interact on our Sites, we may also collect information that is not Personally Identifiable Information but may disclose other aspects of your browsing history or certain other information about you through the use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking, and other tools. "Cookies" are pieces of code/text that gets placed on your computer when you browse our Sites. Cookies may be placed by us or third party advertisers contracted by us. “Tags” and web beacons refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitors’ activities on our Sites by web analytics software. The types of non-personal data collected on our Sites through the use of these, and other tools as DELFINA may add from time to time, may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user, browser information, computer type, operating system, internet service providers, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, ads viewed, etc. Additionally, cookies, tags and other tools placed by third parties may collect other information about you such as, but not limited to, your industry, company size, job function, seniority level, etc.)(collectively, all of the foregoing data the "Non-Personal Data").
How We Use and Share Personally Identifiable Information
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including (but not limited to):
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations, and customer service messages
- Answer your emails or online requests
- Sending out email newsletters
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver DELFINA products and services
- Sharing with our business partners to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you as described below
- Sharing with third parties as required by law or to protect DELFINA as described below
- Sharing your Email Address as permitted under DELFINA Email Policy as described below
Sharing your Personally Identifiable Information to Fulfill Service Requests.
When fulfilling service requests initiated by you, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties to fulfill the requests.
Sharing your Personally Identifiable Information With Our Business Partners.
DELFINA may share Personally Identifiable Information, other than email address and financial account information, with our business partners in order to provide them an opportunity to offer products or services that may be of interest to you, which helps contribute non-dues revenue to DELFINA. DELFINA also occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, but not limited to, packaging, mailing and delivering promotional offers, sweepstakes or contests, answering customer questions about products or services, consulting services, data modeling, printing, sending postal mail and processing event registration. At this time we do not share this information with any business partners but reserve the right to do so in the future
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect DELFINA’s interests.
DELFINA may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on DELFINA; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of DELFINA; or (c) protect the personal safety of DELFINA personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
Sharing Your Email Address Pursuant to DELFINA Policy.
Your email address will only be used by DELFINA and its entities. We do not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside DELFINA. DELFINA will also not offer email addresses to unrelated third-parties or affiliates except under circumstances described above.
How to Manage The Sharing Of Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you prefer to receive mailings only from DELFINA and have your name and address removed from the list provided to our business partners, please contact us. Again, at this time we do not share this information with any business partners but reserve the right to do so in the future. For California residents, please consult the “California Privacy Rights” section below for additional considerations.
How We May Use and Share Non-Personal Data
Through the use of various technological tools, we may collect Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites/Services and for other business reasons. We may share the Non-Personal Data we collect with third parties or permit third parties to place tools like cookies, tags, web beacons, to collect additional Non-Personal Data when you browse our Sites. We or other third party companies may then use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties to whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of other non-DELFINA companies when you hit an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by DELFINA.
How You Can Manage The Collection of Non-Personal Data.
Collection of Data for Website Traffic Analysis
We use Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis. In order to track your session usage, Google drops a cookie (_ga) with a randomly-generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymized and contains no identifiable information like email, phone number, name, etc. We also send Google your IP Address. We use Google Analytics to track aggregated website behavior, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, and so on. This information is important to us for improving the user experience and determining site effectiveness. If you would like to access what browsing information we have - or ask us to delete any Google Analytics data - please delete your _ga cookies, reach out to us via this form, and/or install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
California Privacy Rights
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera - http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Internet Explorer - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Edge - https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
We may collect your email address, but only if you voluntarily provide it to us. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter, or enter a promotion. We will use your email address for the purposes for which you provided it to us, and also from time to time to send you emails regarding the Site or other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the email.
Your email address may also be shared with the technology provider we use in connection with the purposes for which you provided it, and that technology provider may also contact you from time to time.
If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the section below entitled "Additional Rights of EEA Residents."
Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
- access your personal data
- ensure the accuracy of your personal data
- the right to have us delete your personal data
- the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following:
Attn: EU Privacy Complaints; Delfina Travel Group, Inc., 4151 Mission Blvd Suite 212, San Diego, CA 92109, USA; 858-581-9209; email@example.com
We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 18.
DELFINA implements commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to DELFINA’s business partners who may need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals or partner organizations are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Linking to other Internet sites
How you can access and change information
If you are a registered user of the Sites, subscriber to DELFINA publications, or purchaser of DELFINA products and services, you may review and update/correct your information by contacting us.